Sunday, May 17, 2009

I love the Ronald McDonald House. I have had cousins richly blessed by the RMH. I have had friends richly blessed by the Ronald McDonald House. Then my MIL introduced me into saving my soda tabs for them. We are on a campaign with them. I have my great aunt in Clarksville, Texas saving those tabs for us. A friend in Houston is saving them for us. My preschool is saving them for us. During our sprin
g break, we went with MIL to go drop off our tabs. During that time I noticed all the beautiful photos on the wall. These photos on the wall capture miracles. After our tour, I stuck my head in and met a wonderful lady, and I told her I wanted to help. TADA! A couple of weeks ago, a trusty helper and I went to RMH of Fort Worth and photographed some beautiful girls! ALL GIRLS this trip. Maybe next time I can get some boys! I was reminded that my kids catch stuff, germs, colds, stuff,....but my kids are not sick. My kids don't die on Monday and brought back to life after 2 hours of being worked on to be PERFECT and quoting scripture (see first beautiful girl) when she woke up! I took her photo on Friday. I say perfect, but a long road ahead of this sweet girl. She needs a n
ew kidney I believe. I took her photos in her hospital bed because she still had not been released. She was a great sport.

And this beautiful girl, Check out those eyes!


The families of these kids go through so much. I truly can't imagine.

And this sweet girl, kept me on my toes. She was all over the place, and was dressed so cute. I can't fathom knowing I was going to be away from home for 3-4 MORE months. CRAZY! You have to live more than 30 miles away to stay at a RMH. They need donations. Check out their group on FACEBOOK to see how you can help.
And another sweet family. The photo below shows dad, and her donor, better known as sister! AMAZING!



Thank you RMH for allowing me to capture these for you, and who am I kidding, me. It made me feel good to see those mommy's faces when I told them I was giving them their photos for free! FOR FREE! Seriously, how couldn't I! I went to bless these families, and they blessed me. Isn't that how it works? Thank you Jesus for each of these girls I met. Thank you for the doctors who are helping them get better. Thank you for the mommies and daddies who sacrifice so much to get treatment for their kids. Thank you Jesus, for the gift of photography, to capture a memory, to remind us of all you have made possible. Thank you, Jesus!

4 comments:

Stacey Pearson said...

wow, babe! this is really special! I am so proud of you and your heart. I love these kids even though i haven't met them, yet!

Jami said...

Beautiful......the pictures and your heart!!! I love to see how much you've grown, both as a photographer and as a Christ follower. Love you!!!

Jodi said...

Bless you, sweet Paige! LOVED those pictures! We were blessed beyond measure by RMH when B was in the hospital.... looking for other ways to give back to them. Can you email me about this "tabs" business?? :)

powellmomma3 said...

paige...as I currently sit at cooks children with reid I look around at all the sweet kids and I can't help but think how many might not be with their familys in a year. There are constant reminders that this life is temp. My you truely be blessed by offering these familys a moment in time that they may never share again. May the lord bless you and keep you